PRISM 4 + Catel 2.4 and later - LOB example

Jan 19, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Hi Geert,

thanks for great MVVM framework.
I’m looking for PRISM 4 + Catel LOB example. I am interested in integration, competence and best practices for LOB application developed using PRISM and Catel. Do you have this example? If no, can you develop simple example for us, please?

Thanks.

Martin

Jan 19, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Hi Martin,

There is no example with Prism, nor is it planned. We are currently busy working on the 2.5 and 2.6 release, which has a higher priority. You can create a work item, we might create it in the future. But in that case, please also provide ideas of what you like to see in that demo.

Best regards,

Geert

Jan 19, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Ok.

Your response time is admirable ;>

Jan 23, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Hi,

I vote for Kurko's request for example of Catel and Prism integration, as I am trying hard to get it working together. I don't need the whole LOB app example, I just want to use Catel with Prism regions together. I would really appreciate some kind of hint how to use Prism Region Manager (or whole Prism Service Locator) with Catel together.

To provide the whole context, I am trying to build an application beeing able to accept and show multiple independent modules. Modularity is provided by MEF while Prism is responsible for navigation and view-switching. But at the point of implementing Catel features like validation, authentication and the MVVM features, I've got lost.

I am sorry to bother you as I know you are busy working on new release, but I see I am not the only person facing this issue.

Many thanks for your work.

Tomas

Jan 23, 2012 at 12:00 PM

We will think about giving this a higher priority, but for now the focus is primarily on these 2 points:

1) Release 2.5

2) Create a smarter UserControl (non-generic) so the intermediate classes are no longer required in SL and WP7)

We will see what we can do.