Examples Download?

Feb 29, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Am I missing something?

I'm looking around for the examples talked of all over the place. But all I've found are circular dependencies in the documentation.

Where does one download the example code spoken of?

Feb 29, 2012 at 7:17 PM

The examples are located in a separate repository (the solution simply became too big with all the examples). You can find all the examples here:

http://catelexamples.codeplex.com/

Feb 29, 2012 at 7:27 PM

That was exactly the circular dependency I was speaking of.

There are no downloads available there. Only two links.

One leads here, which points us to the documentation, which points us back to the original link instead of to actual code for download. There are only screenshots that are listed as demos.

The other points here, which is simply the main Catel site on Codeplex.

There's an ad that shows up in the download area of the examples page that deceptively makes one think that's the download. But that only shows up intermittently (being an ad, after all). I've looked at three different browsers to be certain and it's the same everywhere. The irony is the download count is "10", but there's no buttons or anything indicating there's a download.

What am I missing here? Does any example code actually exist?

Feb 29, 2012 at 7:29 PM

There is no "official" release of the examples. You have to download the source and compile it yourself. See http://catelexamples.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets, there is the actual source code.

Feb 29, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Ah. There's what was missing. There's no indication that there's a download on the examples page. There's also no indication in Source Code that the latest being downloaded are actually the examples spoken of.

Thanks!

Feb 29, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I agree, I added additional explanation to the page of the examples. Thanks for pointing this out. If you have more ideas for improvement, just let us know!

Feb 29, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Excellent my friend. Thank you!