Can't get symbols or compile source

Mar 28, 2012 at 3:45 AM

For some reason, I am no longer able to download Catel.Core.dll symbols from symbolsource.org.  It was working a few days ago, but now it isn't.  I haven't changed the configuration in VS2010, and have double checked to make sure it is correct.  I am using Catel 3.0.1.

Also, I can't compile any of the source code for 3.0.1.  Whenever I try to compile any of the projects, I get the following error:

Error    23    The command "..\..\tools\pepita\PepitaGet.exe" exited with code 3.   

The PepitaGet.exe is listed under the tools folder. 

What am I doing wrong?

Mar 28, 2012 at 7:58 AM

I made a f*ck up while releasing the 3.0.1 version. I accidentally released it to nuget as 3.1. I was able to cancel the process, and the nice guys from NuGet removed the 3.1 version from the nuget store, but not from the symbol source (that is a different company).

I have just deleted Catel 3.1 from symbolsource and just resubmitted the 3.0.1 to the symbolsource version, usually takes 10 minutes to come up.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mar 28, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Thanks, Geert.  The symbol server is working now. 

How about the PepitaGet.exe error?  I really have no idea how PepitaGet works and I couldn't find any info online about error code 3. 

Mar 28, 2012 at 7:20 PM

PepitaGet reads the packages.config in the project directory (created by NuGet) and downloads the packages if they are missing. Really great tool. I have contacted the developer what the error code means. I couldn't find the constant 3, so it is probably an on-line error or an msbuild error. I will wait for his response.