Download Source Code and library

May 14, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Hello

I need the newest libs of catel. The problem ist when i download the sourcecode i have to open the Solution and compile it.

1. I get errors when i open the Solution. I have a german VS so i can translate the massage but so ist not the original message in english: One ore more projects are not correctly closed.

2. When i compile the Code, I get about 300 Warnings.

3. And also errors because of pepita. The problem that i only have a limited connection to the internet.

So my question. Is there a way always to get the newest libs without always compile the newest source code?

Coordinator
May 14, 2012 at 5:44 PM

1) Probably you don't have the Windows Phone 7 SDK installed, or the Silverlight 4/5 toolkit (required for unit tests)

2) We want to decrease the number of warnings, but it has a low priority (but, you are free to help out :))

3) Yes, Pepita retrives the nuget packages as a pre-build step. But if you have a bad internet connection, it will not work out

4) As soon as we think we have a stable new feature, we will create nightly builds. See this documentation on how to get the latest version via NuGet.

We are hoping to create a build machine, but it costs money, and Catel is all freeware so we get now money, so without sponsoring/donations, this will never happen (otherwise, we would have nightly builds every day).

May 15, 2012 at 7:46 AM

1) Yes. No Windows Phone and no Silverlight installed. Ist this a problem?

2). Ok

3). No bad internet connection. Just a limited. Because of the restrictions of the company. Is there no switch to turn of pepita?

4). Ok I try

Coordinator
May 15, 2012 at 11:21 AM

1) If you want to build windows (NET) libs only, this should not be a problem. The unsupported projects will be unloaded.

3) No