WP7 ShoppingList Example doesn't work

Topics: Issues / bugs
Dec 11, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Hi,

The ShoppingList Example doesn't work because the ViewModelBase can't find the UserData properties marked with the ModelAttribute. The GetPropertiesEx() method used to retrieve the properties doesn't return Nonpublic properties, and the UserData properties are either declared protected or private in the ViewModels of the example.

Is the example incorrect in declaring the property protected/private or the call to GetPropertiesEx() in ViewModelBase.InitializePropertiesWithAttributes()?

Regards,

Roel

Coordinator
Dec 12, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Thank you very much for letting us know. I will look into this asap.

Coordinator
Dec 12, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Hi Roel,

Reflection is very limited in WP7/8. However, for this it should work because the item is defined on the same class. I will sleep 1 night on how to fix this.

Coordinator
Dec 12, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Ok, I just did a quick test, it works great for private members as well. Enabled it in the code. I will not release a new nightly build of Catel anymore tonight, but this will be included in the next update.

I also cleaned up all the examples and updated to the latest nuget packages. I also took the time to include the Compass and Gyroscope packages in the nightly builds for WP7. 

Dec 15, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Great, thanks a lot!