OrchestraShell?...

Topics: Questions
May 27, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Edited May 27, 2014 at 11:46 PM
Hi,

Can you help me solved these errors? Installed Orchestra via NuGet and right out the box I get these errors. Looked over the source code at the GitHub site and they look the same.

So why am I getting these errors?
namespace OrchestraShell1
{
    using System.Windows;

using Catel;
    using Catel.IoC;
    using Catel.MVVM;
    using Catel.MVVM.ViewModels;
    using Catel.Windows;

using Orchestra;

/// <summary>
    /// Interaction logic for App.xaml
    /// </summary>
    public partial class App : Application
    {
        /// <summary>
        /// Raises the <see cref="E:System.Windows.Application.Startup"/> event.
        /// </summary>
        /// <param name="e">A <see cref="T:System.Windows.StartupEventArgs"/> that contains the event data.</param>
        protected override void OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
        {
            // Example of best performance options for Catel (but at the cost of validation features)
            Catel.Windows.Controls.UserControl.DefaultCreateWarningAndErrorValidatorForViewModelValue = false;
            Catel.Windows.Controls.UserControl.DefaultSkipSearchingForInfoBarMessageControlValue = true;
            Catel.Data.ModelBase.SuspendValidationForAllModels = true;

var serviceLocator = ServiceLocator.Default;
            Environment.RegisterDefaultViewModelServices();
Error Message:
Error        1        'Catel.Windows.Controls.UserControl' does not contain a definition for 'DefaultCreateWarningAndErrorValidatorForViewModelValue'        D:\Qudash Development\OrchestraShell1\OrchestraShell1\App.xaml.cs        25        48        OrchestraShell1

Error        2        The type or namespace name 'ModelBase' does not exist in the namespace 'Catel.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?)        D:\Qudash Development\OrchestraShell1\OrchestraShell1\App.xaml.cs        27        24        OrchestraShell1

Error        3        'Catel.IoC.ServiceLocator' does not contain a definition for 'Default'        D:\Qudash Development\OrchestraShell1\OrchestraShell1\App.xaml.cs        29        49        OrchestraShell1
Are these obsolete properties they are using?

Thanks!...
Coordinator
May 28, 2014 at 7:10 AM
We are currently working on Orchestra v2 (you can check out the v2 branch for that). It will be a new system which will not be compatible with the "old" version. I think the reason of these errors is that you are not installing the latest prerelease version of Orchestra. However, we will not fix any more issues on this branch of Orchestra.
May 28, 2014 at 9:14 PM
Edited May 28, 2014 at 9:19 PM
Thanks! I'll check that one out...

What version of VS do I use because I can't load it with VS 2013 Pro (trial) or 2013 Express for the templates or should I need to be concerned about them?

Unsupported
This version of Visual Studio is unable to open the following projects. The project types may not be installed or this version of Visual Studio may not support them.
For more information on enabling these project types or otherwise migrating your assets, please see the details in the "Migration Report" displayed after clicking OK.
 - Orchestra.ProjectTemplates.Module, "E:\Downloads\Catel\Orchestra-feature-v2\Orchestra-feature-v2\src\Templates\Orchestra.ProjectTemplates.Module\Orchestra.ProjectTemplates.Module.csproj"
 - Orchestra.ProjectTemplates.Shell, "E:\Downloads\Catel\Orchestra-feature-v2\Orchestra-feature-v2\src\Templates\Orchestra.ProjectTemplates.Shell\Orchestra.ProjectTemplates.Shell.csproj"
May 28, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Cancel that! Its working even though got those unsupported errors! :)
Coordinator
May 29, 2014 at 2:52 PM
Are you on v2? If so, you should definitely check out the MahApps shell, we did a lot of work on that last week (see the example app as well). We will work on the Ribbon shell next week.
May 30, 2014 at 3:51 AM
Edited May 30, 2014 at 3:53 AM
Ok, I will check it out....., Using 3.9 and getting registering the IoC is now obsolete because I can't get this to compile:
            // TODO: Using a custom IoC container like Unity? Register it here:
            IoCHelper.MefContainer = new CompositionContainer();
            IoCHelper.UnityContainer = new UnityContainer();
            serviceLocator.RegisterExternalContainer(IoCHelper.MefContainer);
            serviceLocator.RegisterExternalContainer(IoCHelper.UnityContainer);
Error   1   'Catel.IoC.IServiceLocator.RegisterExternalContainer(object)' is obsolete: '"External container support will be removed in 4.0, see https://catelproject.atlassian.net/browse/CTL-273 Will be removed in version 4.0.0."'   D:\Qudash Development\Catel\Nathsar\Turah.Study\Master\1.0\NathsarTS.Master\NathsarTS.Master\App.xaml.cs    37  13  NathsarTS.Master
and what is the new way of using both MEF and Unity?
Coordinator
May 30, 2014 at 7:10 AM
The new version of Catel will support it like this:

https://catelproject.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CTL/Replacing+the+default+components

And I recommend that you use v2 (latest version via git) and Catel (latest prerelease). It might all look like "latest unstable" but the software is pretty near to completion and would be a much better investment from your side.