Can you make a comparsion between Catel and WAF?

Apr 6, 2012 at 8:19 PM

The WAF framwork is a nice MVVM toolkit, with good samples.Can you make a comparison between Catel and WAF?

Best,

Coordinator
Apr 6, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Will do asap. Catel Supports all waf features + More.

Catel is very well documented,  see http://catel.catenalogic.com

Also lots of examples, see http://catelexamples.codeplex.com

We have monthly releases + daily checkins.

Real comparison will come soon.

Apr 6, 2012 at 8:57 PM

You examples are not a real business samples. I try to make a tabbed UI with Catel , but I did faced with an error with Catel, I Try it with WAF that work fine. But I thinks WAF is more complex. It use dependency injection in constructor in own examples that is more complex.

Best

Coordinator
Apr 8, 2012 at 7:54 AM

We will create a LoB example. Do you have something in mind?

Apr 8, 2012 at 4:05 PM

WAF have a book lending sample. I think it is a good sample for comparison.

Coordinator
Apr 11, 2012 at 9:23 AM

See this documentation with the latest comparison sheet. We have added the demo application to the backlog.

Apr 11, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Thanks for your comparison documents. But just a LoB s example cam illustrate what is more comfortable for a developer. I try my LoB with Catel first, but when I go ahead could not load a ObservableCollection<SearchResult> in a DataGrid when I bind gird column to a  SearchResult property (e.g Item). You can see my code here :

<telerik:RadGridView.Columns> 
<
telerik:GridViewDataColumn Header="Title" DataMemberBinding="{Binding Path=Item.Title}" TextAlignment="Right" HeaderTextAlignment="Center" MinWidth="300" OverridesDefaultStyle="True" />
<telerik:GridViewDataColumn Header="Date" DataMemberBinding="{Binding Path=Item.BirthDate}" TextAlignment="Right" HeaderTextAlignment="Center" FooterTextAlignment="Right" MinWidth="100" />
 </telerik:RadGridView.Columns>

It return Item as null.

Best,

Coordinator
Apr 11, 2012 at 11:18 AM

We need more code. For example, can you show the collection instantiation on the view model?

Apr 11, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Edited Apr 11, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I have continued my work with WAF and it solved that issue, but I would like to solve this issue in Catel. So let me to live my solution with Catel again.

Best,

Asad

Coordinator
Apr 11, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Please post the code of your view model and the binding where you actually bind to the collection in xaml.