New Windows Phone 7 Project in Visual Studio 2012

Topics: Feature requests, Issues / bugs, Questions
Apr 20, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Edited Apr 20, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Hi!

I've installed Catel 3.5 with the installer, then wanted to create a new Empty Windows Phone 7 Application with Catel.

First of all, there was no templates shown in the template selector by default. I had to search for "Catel" to the templates to be displayed.
After I created a new Windows Phone 7 Application with Catel (C#), I wanted to run the application, but there were some references missing.
I added the following libraries manually to the project. After that, the project complied.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Catel 3.5\libraries\WP7\Catel.Core.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Catel 3.5\libraries\WP7\Catel.MVVM.dll

After installing the example to an emulator however, the program would not start, simply exits.
If I create a new Windows Phone 8 Application with Catel (C#), the references are still missing.
If I add the same references from C:\Program Files (x86)\Catel 3.5\libraries\WP8, then the WP8 application is working fine.

I also tried the samples from Catel.Examples, end none of the three WP7 examples are working (BingMaps, Sensors, ShoppingList).

Can somebody tell me, what do I miss??

My PC's spec.:
Windows 8 x64
Visual Studio 2012 Professional Update2
.NET 4.5
Windows Phone SDK 8 (The targeted WP7 operation system was 7.1)

Thank you for your time and help.

Hegi
Apr 22, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Update: this issue is continued at https://catelproject.atlassian.net/browse/CTL-54