SplashScreen

Aug 9, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Hello.

I Have another question about SplashScreen (i've tried Orchestra, but i cant figure out how they solve this problem).
The only solution i've find is to create MainWindow before SplashScreen and move all initialization to some method like Initialize();
I've also tried to set different Shutdown modes to me WPF App, but nothing changes. I have filling that the method
_progressNotifyableViewModel.CloseViewModel(null); in finally block of Catel.MVVM.Services.SplashScreenService.Execute method is closing SplashScreenViewModel and it's closing all child ViewModels and my MainWindowViewModel is first child, so it's also closing with splash screen.

Thank you.
Coordinator
Aug 11, 2013 at 6:17 PM
This issue is fixed. See the source of InitializeShell when I wrote shell.Owner = null. This avoid the the application be closed when the SplashScreen close. Just update the Catel into orchestra and should work.
Aug 12, 2013 at 4:36 PM
I've tried to use orchestra, but seems that Orchersta is obsolete and don't use Catel 3.6 cause when i've tried to compile it, occure a lot of errors, like
'Class A' don't have method 'Method b' which takes this parameters.
Is this fix already was implemented in 3.6 which availible via NuGet?
Coordinator
Aug 14, 2013 at 4:47 PM
We will soon release this fix.
Coordinator
Aug 17, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Please check the latest version.
Aug 19, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Hi.

Good, it's work, Thank you.

I don't want create new thread to ask it, cause there are was similar thread.
The question is where i can take pdb files for assemblies from NuGet, i need it cause i do a lot of errors in my code and it's hard to determine what the error i made.
So i have to add Catel.* projects to my solution and it's not good. I don't want to add every folder with Catel source to resharper excludes(i googled, i can't just add root folder) and i don't want rebuild it or accidentally edit Catel code, but i steel want to see source code when some exception occurs.
Coordinator
Aug 20, 2013 at 6:19 AM
We will not be able to provide the PDB files for the NuGet files. The reason for this is that symbolsource simply won't respond via email or twitter, no matter what we try. The only way to be able to debug through the code of Catel is to actually compile it on your machine (or use .net reflector or resharper to generate the symbols for you).